Life in Ads =).

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dendam Semalam

Yesterday, I watched "Semanis Kurma" hosted by famous husband and wife, Ustaz Wan Akashah bin Wan Abdul Hamid and Dato' Ustazah Siti Nor Bahyah Binti Mahamood. The topic discussed was Dendam Semalam. They invited Ogy Ahmad Daud and Shajiry. 


Among the points discussed:


  • It's our task to forgive others for their wrong doings.
  • Allah will always be with those who forgive the wrong doings of others.
  • Retaliation is discouraged in Islam.
  • Forgiveness is encouraged as it is one of the best examples that has been practiced by our beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW.
  • Allah is the ultimate Judge. Thus, we should contemplate within ourselves as who are we to questioned others' action of not forgiving us.
At the end of the show, both Ustaz and Ustazah gave a doa on hatred and forgiveness. It is from Surah al Hasyr, ayah 10:

"Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful"

***
I know, it is not an easy task to forgive the wrongdoings of others. Although sometimes you say that you have already forgive someone's wrongdoings but there's tiny little part in your heart, you still remember the wrongdoings. As for me, forgiving is quite hard. I forgive the wrongdoings of others but somehow its hard for me to forget what had happened in the past. 


Allahu Akhbar

I always pray to Allah for forgiveness of my wrongdoings. I also pray that Allah open my heart to easily accept forgiveness from others. I easily forgive, but hardly forget. May Allah give me strength and guidance to become a better person (i.e. with soft heart to easily forgive and forget). Allahu Ameen!


Forgiving is not forgetting, it is remembering and letting go.
(Claudia Black, 1989) 

No comments:

Post a Comment